Monday, July 28, 2014

Noyes Library, Aunt Madeline, Tyler and Katrina, and Grandma C's house November 24-30, 2013

Noyes Library
Before I was married and before I had children, I worked at a bookstore in Kensington, Maryland.  In the neighborhood was this little, quaint library.  On my lunch break I would walk to the library and imagine bringing my children to this library when I was a mother.  I often saw children with their nannies and some stay at home mothers pushing strollers to and from the library.  Being inside this library with my own children among the nannies and mothers with their children was a satisfying feeling.  It is a small thing but, I made a dream come true.
 Playing and using our imaginations.
 The rain did not even keep us away.
 Isn't this a cute library!?

Family Visits
 This is my Aunt Madeline.  She is the oldest sister of my Grandfather Maurice.  Maurice is my Father's father.  She took care of me when I was baby until I went to Kindergarten. I promised her every year that I would take her to Kings Dominion.  It is an amusement park in Virginia that I went to with my family and apparently it made a lasting impression on me because I wanted to take my favorite person there.  

Tyler and Katrina's
Our dear friends Tyler and Katrina moved and their new home is ever so close to my Mom's home.  Even though they are in two different states, I can drive to their home from my Mom's house in half the time it takes me to drive from my house in Maine to the nearest Target.
 When you move, you have plenty of empty boxes to play with.
 This box became a car.

In the Kitchen with Grandma C
 Daryl is into silly faces whenever the camera comes out. 
 Playing at the playground in the neighborhood at Grandma's.
 Swinging Lilly
 Swinging Spencer
Climbing Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment