Morning Devotional - Just a word about the MD... I have read about various families who have a morning devotional and it was great for them but I was not a fan. It just didn't resonate with me. AND... I did not witness it for myself so, it was hard to envision for my own family. Well... I was struggling with getting the day started and I was concerned about our success for school knowing that the morning did not have an "official" start and it was hard to jump right into school. I needed a way to transition. The MD concept came back to me and I said,"I'll give it a try". We started on August 9th and it has made a remarkable difference in our day. It has sort of... grounded us for the day.
Long story short, I am a fan of the MD.
Date: 23 August 2011
Music: Stand For The Right # 159
Prayer: Mom (each person has a day of the week assigned to them for prayers and other "special" things- Tuesday is Darrel but when he is not here, myself or one of the children fill in).
Family Motto
Scripture story: Old Testament Stories- Joseph's Brothers in Egypt (chapter 14)
Scripture Memorization: Moses 7:18 (we follow seminary Old Testament Scripture Mastery)
The Friend: The Lookout Girls (July 2011 p.16-17)
Review Schedule/Calendar:
Review Weather: 77* high 55* low Mostly Sunny
Breakfast and Books: Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder Chapter 4 CHRISTMAS
Morning 8B48
Make Bed
Get Dressed
Eat Breakfast
Brush Teeth
Wash Face
Drink 1 cup of water
Get out clothes for tomorrow and Pajamas for tonight and lay them on bed
Chore - We call it a "Quick Sweep"
Evening 8B48
Journal
Quick Sweep
Brush Teeth
Use the Bathroom
Bath
Put on Pajamas
Scriptures and Article of Faith
Prayers
No comments:
Post a Comment