
PHASE I - Preparing for the Day 6-8a.m.
"8 Before 8"
1. Pajamas in Hamper
2. Get Dressed
3. Breakfast
4. Make Bed
5. Drink 1 glass of water
6. Brush teeth
7. Wash Face
8. Prayer
PHASE II - Our Joy School 8-10a.m.
Prayer
Song: The First Noel
Gospel Picture Art: The Annunciation (Luke 1:26-35)
Presidents of our church: David O. McKay - 9th president
Weather Report
Days of the Week
Months of the Year
Spelling: Five New Words to spell: stop, car, bus, girl, & boy
Math: Counting to 100
Literacy: "One fish two fish red fish blue fish" by Dr. Seuss
Writing: Journal
SNACK
PHASE III -Our Outing for the Day 10-12p.m.
Monday- Playgroup at the church
Tuesday - Library
Wednesday - Museum
Thursday - Hair Day
Friday - Shopping
SNACK
PHASE IV - Lunch and Quiet Time 12-2p.m.
Reading our books from the library
PHASE V - Outdoor Play/Physical Activity 2-4p.m.
Riding bikes and cleaning out the truck
SNACK
PHASE VI - Movie time 4-5p.m.
Thomas and Friends- Percy's Chocolate Crunch & Other Thomas Adventures
SNACK
PHASE VII - Ending the Day 5-8p.m.
"8 Before 8"
1. Dinner
2. One glass of water
3. Clean up
4. Bath
5. Pajamas
6. Scriptures and Articles of Faith
7. Prayer
8. Bed
So... today is not over yet as it is only 8 minutes to 5 p.m. As expected the first day of things can be rough but, we pushed through it and hopefully with some persistence, it will become more fluid. Right now, my oldest daughter is all out of sorts. I believe she is tired and even though we only had two hours of formal instruction this morning it was taxing on her brain. She will need to get use to our new structure.
I am exhausted. Teaching, preparing meals, feeding the masses... I will need to get use to our new structure too. I was very pleased with the children at the library today. They looked at their books on the alphabet rug and we all had a pleasant trip to the library.
Our outdoor play was okay. It's getting cold so, they didn't want to be outside for very long which made it harder for me to keep them occupied.
Overall, it was a good first day and I'll be making adjustments when and where needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment